Link4 has created this step-by-step guide to help you install the MySQL Database Server and MySQL Workbench on the PC being used with the LinkConn 1800 software. If you do not already have MySQL running in conjunction with your Link4 System, please install MySQL per the following instructions:
Note: Make sure that LinkConn 1800 is installed before you follow this manual.
1. Visit https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/ installer and click on download alongside the complete MySQL MSI Installer (non-web). Select your corresponding operating system to download the MySQL Community Server installer.
2. Locate the downloaded MySQL installer file and open the file to proceed with the installation.
3. To proceed you must read and accept the Oracle Software License Terms.
4. Select option “Server only” and continue.
5. Check requirements (if any) and install.
6. No changes need to be made, continue.
7. No changes need to be made, continue.
8. Select option “Standalone MySQL Server / Classic MySQL Replication” and continue.
9. Select “Server Machine” in Config Type option and set all the other fields as shown:
10. Enter a password for the account or leave this section blank, continue. Enter desired username and password for the MySQL database. Default Username: root
11. No changes need to be done, continue
12. No changes need to be done, continue.
13. No changes need to be done, continue.
14. Click on finish to apply the configuration.
15. No changes need to be done, continue.
16. Click on finish to complete the installation.
17. Locate the installer file and open MySQL Installer again using Start > MySQL Installer Community.
18. Click on Add to incorporate the workbench.
19. Expand the options and select MySQL Workbench. Next, click on the green arrow and continue to install the Workbench.
20. Click on execute to install.
21. No changes need to be done, continue.
22. Finish the installation.
23. MySQL installer now will show MySQL Workbench.
24. Open MySQL Workbench, click on Local Instance, and enter the password that was set in step 10.
25. Click on file, Run SQL Script, and look for the file “install-mySQL.sql” in the address C:/LinkConn1800communication/database/install.
26. Type in Schema Name and click on run. This is the Database name and it’s up to the user.
27. After is completed, close the popup box and check on left hand corner under schemas if your database name is seen. If not, right click and hit refresh.
28. Close Workbench.
29. Open LinkConn Database Manager and click on Add Connection.
30. Type the name of the connection (up to the customer), select MySQL Simple, and click on Next.
31. Enter your database name (as in step 26), type username and password for the database (as in step 10), and click on save. Do not change host or port unless needed.
32. Open LinkConn 1800 Communication Control Panel and click on Settings.
33. Change the Database server to “MySQL” and fill the fields Database, Username, and Password as in steps 10 and 26. Click OK.
34. User is ready to use MySQL as backend for LinkConn 1800.